Atlanta Day Tours
Located in the heart of the South, Atlanta boasts a blend of the historic and the contemporary. Our educational field trips offer an experience that is a unique combination of the past and the present. Give your students the opportunity to learn about history, science, and so much more!
Why Book With Son Tours?
At Son Tours, we serve as your group’s full-service planning and tour operation valet. Our Atlanta-based tour company is dedicated to ensuring that trip experiences are fun, enriching, and safe. With expert guidance from location to location, we’ve got you covered.
Atlanta Tour Highlights
- Georgia Aquarium: Students can visit the largest aquarium on the planet, home to more than 100,000 animals and 500 different species, including beluga whales, penguins, manta rays, sea lions, and even whale sharks.
- World of Coca-Cola: Explore the 20 acre complex and the exhibits showcasing the history of the worlds most popular beverage brand.
- Zoo Atlanta: Take a stroll through this accredited zoological park to see hundreds of different animals from
around the world. Students may even have a chance to watch handlers feed the Giant Pandas.
- Centennial Olympic Park: Experience Atlanta’s lasting legacy to the city’s 1996 Summer Olympics at this 21-acre park, including a visit to the famous Fountain of Rings.
- Martin Luther King, Jr. National Historic Site: Here, students can see the reverend and Civil Rights leader’s birthplace, church, and final resting place, all while remembering his voice and his message.
- Civil Rights Center: The Center’s iconic exhibitions feature the papers and artifacts of Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr.; the history of the US civil rights movement; and stories from the struggle for human rights around the world.
- Fox Theater: Visit the historical theater to attend a variety of cultural and artistic shows and events.
- Alliance Theater: Watch a live performance of the classical musical “A Christmas Carol” in the 770+ seat theater.
- Truist Stadium: Explore the history of the Atlanta Braves Major League Baseball team through artifacts and exhibits. Students can even attend an Atlanta Braves game!
- Mercedes-Benz Stadium: Students can experience the signature features of Mercedes-Benz Stadium through the lens of Science, Technology, Engineering, Art, and Math.
- Chick-Fil-A Headquarters: Learn the history of America’s #1 chicken restaurant chain. Explore the History Museum, Car Museum and Truett’s Office.
- Fernbank Science Center: Science becomes an adventure here, where students can view the planetarium, observatory, and visit the many exhibits and activities.