Chattanooga Day Tours
Take your students on a field trip to one of one of America’s most breathtaking cities. Nestled among the mountains of Southeast Tennessee, Chattanooga is full of history, natural wonders, and exciting attractions. From Lookout Mountain to old Civil War battlegrounds, your students can experience all the of the best scenic and historic attractions Chattanooga has to offer.
Why Choose Son Tours?
All trips with Son Tours are completely coordinated and supervised by licensed guides for each area of travel. With Son Tours, you get customized and flexible itineraries, reliable and knowledgeable tour guides, easy payment options, and much more! Our Georgia-based tour company is dedicated to ensuring that our trip experiences are fun, enriching, and safe.
Attractions at Lookout Mountain
Experience amazing views and world-famous attractions just minutes from downtown Chattanooga.
- Rock City Gardens: Hike to the top of Lookout Mountain and marvel at the natural rock formations, gardens of over 400 native plant species, and a breathtaking “see 7 states” panoramic view.
- Incline Railway: Ride up and down historic Lookout Mountain on one of the oldest cog railways in the United States.
- Point Park Civil War Battle Site: Visit the site of the Civil War battle, referred to as “The Battle Above the Clouds,” on Lookout Mountain.
- Ruby Falls: Journey 1,200 feet below ground at the tallest and deepest underground waterfall open to the public in the United States.
Other Tour Highlights
- Tennessee Aquarium: Explore one of the top-rated aquariums in America, home to over 10,000 animals from river otters to tiger sharks.
- Historic Warehouse Row: Visit the destination shopping center of historic Warehouse Row.
- Chickamauga and Chattanooga National Military Park: Immerse yourself in Southern history at the sites of two major battles of the American Civil War: The Battle of Chickamauga and The Siege of Chattanooga.
- Southern Belle Riverboat Dinner Cruise: Enjoy dinner from the open-air deck of the Southern Belle Riverboat as you cruise down the scenic Tennessee River.
- Creative Discovery Museum: Let students explore the world’s curiosities through immersive exhibits & hands-on activities